History of Ingalls
Founded in the 1930’s the practice was firstly called ‘George C Ingall’ after the owner who operated as a sole trader. As well as being an accountant, George Ingall was also a Stockbroker which formed a part of the business. His office was located above Martins Bank in Highgate, Kendal.
After the war, George took his son, Bill, into partnership with him and the practice was renamed ‘GC Ingall and Son’. The practice moved premises to Stricklandgate, Kendal and opened a Halifax Building Society agency which was a significant addition to the accountancy business.
George Ingall passed away in 1974 and his son Bill carried on the firm as a sole trader.
In January 1984 the practice was sold to David Fell and Ann Thompson who then changed the name to Ingalls. The Halifax agency closed at this time.
Ingalls relocated in October 1999 to Murley Moss Business Village in Kendal.
In 2011 David and Ann sold the practice to Anthea Grange and Ged Whiteside and it now trades as Ingalls (Kendal) Limited.